(Admin & Finance)
Our Lady of Lourdes & St Joseph and St Teresa’s, Southport
(based at Our Lady of Lourdes, Waterloo Road, Hillside PR8 2AY)
Salary £8.70 per hour
Permanent, 20 hours per week
to be worked over 4 days (days to be agreed) 9.00 am -2.00 pm
5 weeks holiday plus bank holiday and pension scheme
An opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled and experienced administrator to work in the parish office at Our Lady of Lourdes Presbytery, working closely with the parish priest, Fr Atli Jonsson.
The successful candidate will be required to provide high quality support in all aspects of administration to include producing letters, reports, booklets, leaflets and issuing certificates along with maintaining parish registers and financial records.
Candidates must have empathy with the ethos and mission of the Roman Catholic Church and a commitment to the work of the parish, pastoral area, schools, the local community and other parish groups.
The successful candidate must have;
• Experience of working in a similar administrative role/undertaking a broad range of
administrative tasks to include managing petty cash and recording income and expenditure
• Experience of working in a busy office environment
• Excellent telephone, face to face and written communication skills
• An ability to maintain effective working relationships with clergy, volunteers, schools and
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and use of email
• An appreciation of the need for sensitivity and confidentiality
Possession of the following would be advantageous:
• European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL), or equivalent
• An ability to implement new administrative processes
For more information please dowload the Information pack
If you wish to apply visit the main jobs page to download an application pack.
Alternatively, contact Human Resources on 0151 522 1073 for a postal application pack
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th October 2017
This post is not subject to an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure & Barring Service