Parish Administrator (Admin & Finance)
St Oswald & St Edmund Arrowsmith Parish,
(based at St Oswald’s Presbytery)
Salary £8.70 per hour
Permanent, 15 hours per week
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00am-2.00pm
5 weeks holiday plus bank holiday and pension scheme
An opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled and experienced administrator to work in the parish office at St Oswald’s, working closely with the parish priest, Fr Brian Newns. Administrative support would be also provided to Our Lady Immaculate and St Wilfrid’s parishes in the local community of Ashton-in-Makerfield.
The successful candidate will be required to provide high quality support in all aspects of administration to include producing letters, reports, booklets, leaflets and issuing certificates along with maintaining parish registers and financial records.
Candidates must have empathy with the ethos and mission of the Roman Catholic Church and a commitment to the work of the parish, pastoral area, schools, the local community and other parish groups.
The successful candidate must have;
• Experience of working in a similar administrative role/undertaking a broad range of administrative tasks to include managing petty cash and recording income and expenditure
• Experience of working in a busy office environment
• Excellent telephone, face to face and written communication skills
• An ability to maintain effective working relationships with clergy, volunteers, schools and general public
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and use of email
• An appreciation of the need for sensitivity and confidentiality
Possession of the following would be advantageous:
• European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL), or equivalent
• An ability to implement new administrative processes
For further information download -
If you wish to apply visit the main jobs page to download an application pack.
Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 0151 522 1102
Closing Date: Thursday 15 March 2018
This post is not subject to an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure & Barring Service