The most valuable resource in our schools is our workforce. They provide the knowledge, skills and expertise to ensure that children and young people achieve their potential and become fully rounded citizens of the future, living their faith.
This area is a key theme in the Archdiocesan Strategic Plan and has the following key priorities:
- The development of a strong core of school and college leaders with the capacity to support others schools
- Continuous professional development from NQT through middle leadership to senior leadership
- Talent management and succession planning
- Access to and participation in research and development
- Initial teacher training which meets the needs of our schools
As a leader of a Catholic school, your role is central to the lives of the children and young people in your care. You set the direction of the school and are the leader of the faith and of learning. Your role can be a demanding one, as well as a rewarding one – and we welcome you into the Archdiocesan family of schools.
You will have a designated Diocesan Schools Officer who will offer you support in your leadership, and an induction programme which offers overarching support together with personalised programme to meet your needs.